Selling your heavy equipment privately can become more costly than you ever imagined.
Below are a few of the steps you would need to take in the campaign to find potential buyers.
- Placing adverts in the local newspaper
- Printing a for sales sign to display on the machine
Which will be followed by,
- calling possible buyers
- arranging inspections
You will encounter uninformed buyers who never arrive and when they do, attempt to negotiatea price that is below the market value of the machine. For these reasons, online auctions have taken the market by storm.
- It’s a fair and open process
- Competitive bidding creates demand
- At times the original negotiated price can be exceeded
- Auctioneers spend heavily on marketing
- Bringing together buyers from a diverse range of industries
Which finally, followed by the imminent fall of the hammer, buyers come to the point of decision faster which means money in your pocket sooner.